Unleash your MesoDome
The MesoDome Controller is a software application which interfaces with a MesoDome. Utilizing advanced algorithms the controller is aware of the camera's position. GPS map based tracking allow the controller to automatically aim the camera, and adjust for vehicle heading changes. This ability allows the camera to remain on target while turning. A MesoDome will significantly increase the quality of your video and live stream, making it much more marketable.
Map based tracking
The biggest benefit to the MesoDome Controller is map based camera tracking. Aiming the camera is as simple as right clicking on a GPS oriented map. The software keeps the camera watching the chosen GPS location, while you move! Even better, the software can track a moving target. This feature allows you to estimate the speed and heading of the storm, eliminating the need to continually reposition the camera.
If you're up close and personal with the storm, you can turn off automatic tracking and use the well developed manual control system. All that's required is any Windows compatible joystick. It's easy to assign functions such as zoom in, record, to any joystick button. We used two styles of joysticks to test with, a wireless gamepad and flightstick. Being avid flightsim fans, our preference was the flightstick. Users who are avid console gamers would probably appreciate the wireless gamepad.
Consider the safety benefits of using automated tracking; a chaser could "lock on" and track a tornado automatically. The software automatically aims the camera during turns and heading changes. There is no need to leave your vehicle during intense lightning to film outside. A MesoDome already has a 360° view of your surroundings, making your vehicle the tripod.
- Automatic map based tracking. Right click on the map to aim the camera.
- Manually control the camera with any Windows compatible joystick. (wired or wireless)
- On-screen dome visualizer displays direction and angle.
- Map joystick buttons to program functions.
- Watch and aim your camera through a live preview window in the application.
- Simple servo calibration procedure allows you to get the most out of your dome.
- Syncs with an open COM port for GPS integration.
- GPS allows the dome to know what direction it's looking, and where we're at.
- "Lock On" to a GPS position. The camera will automatically watch that position, while you're moving.
- Track moving GPS position. This means you AND the item you want to be filmed are moving.
- Clickable controls can be used with or without a joystick.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
- Microsoft .Net 4.0.
- DirectX 10.
- Expression Encoder 4.0.
- 1.5 ghz or higher (preferably a dual core) processor.
- 50 megabytes free space for the MesoDome Controller, .Net 4.0 and DirectX 10 may require several hundred megabytes.
- Internet connection to validate license & for moving maps.
- 1 free USB port for dome connection (2 for Mini MesoDome).
- 1 free USB port for joystick.
- Laptop or PC computer. This application is not designed for a tablet.
- NMEA Windows compatible GPS device (with serial splitter application if you use GPS with more than 1 program. We use GPSGate, although not required).
- You'll have to get a GPS serial splitter if you plan on using GPS with more than one device. We use GPSGate.
- Windows compatible joystick.
- A webcam splitting application if you want to use the preview window AND stream at the same time. There are several of these programs available via 3rd parties.
Updated 07-23-2015 B.E.